Sunday, March 10, 2013

My Love Affair with Boston...




Beacon Hill, wandering slowly up and down Hanover and Salem, following red bricks in the sidewalk along the Freedom Trail, stories of the Old West End, Fenway, walking to Charlestown, taking the ferry back, Italian food in the North End, kids wading in Frog Pond, shopping on Newbury Street, DeLuca's Market (old location and new)...my Boston.

Sweet memories of our spontaneous Saturday morning trips to Boston -

Saturday morning in our little village, the sun shines warmly through the window, softly filtered by the hundred year old trees outside.  He wakes up too and our eyes meet...we slowly wake up, it's early.  We smile, the thought comes to us both at the same moment...no work today, no plans, could this really be?  Waking so sweetly refreshed for it being so early.  We tiptoe around, grabbing a few things for the day, scoop our sleeping kids out of bed and into the car...we're on our way to Boston. 




"She said, I think I'll go to Boston, I think I'll start a new life, I think I'll start it over, where no one knows my name, I'll get out of California, I'm tired of the weather, I think I'll get a lover and fly him out to Spain...oh yeah and I think I'll go to Boston, I think that I'm just tired, I think I need a new town, to leave this all behind...I think I need a sunrise, I'm tired of the sunset, I hear it's nice in the summer, some snow would be nice, oh yeah...I think I'll go to Boson, where no one knows my name" - Augustana 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Megan. I loved your story of waking early and going to Boston for the day.

    My husband and I visited Boston when we were 21 (long before we were married!) and we both fell in love with the city. I'd love to go back there one day.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! One of the main reasons we moved out of Connecticut and into southern NH is to be nearer to Boston. My favorite city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written - and I love that top photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful photos, and Boston is such a beautiful city! I hope to visit it myself!~

    ReplyDelete